In this Case Brief, Prashant Jain (Prashant), Founder and Director of Gifting Happiness (www.giftinghappiness.com), India's first F-Commerce Company, shares five engaging and intriguing marketing challenges and decision dilemmas. Gifting Happiness was set up on July 4th 2013, with a vision of magnifying happiness. These 9 months have given Prashant and his start-up team resounding success with very impressive and diversified clientele. The growing team extended its operations to more than 300 Indian cities and having more than 10,000 Facebook likes. Organized around six revenue streams - e-commerce, f-commerce, merchandizing (licensed merchandize), corporate gifting, tele-gifting and retail stores - Gifting Happiness has been grappling with five marketing challenges. Prashant and his team are sure that if appropriate business answers can be found to these challenges, they can pave way for Gifting Happiness' long-term prospects.
- To understand Gifting Happiness' business model, its distinctive customer value proposition and discuss on the efficacy of organizational alignment around its stated customer value proposition
- To analyze the nature of five business dilemmas - positioning, rationalization of product and revenue streams, Facebook conversions, the third screen (mobile phone, iPad, etc.) integration and content vs intent - and discuss on all the possible solutions for the same
- To discuss and debate on how F-Commerce can be an innovative business and growth driver
- To analyze the critical success factors to build the supporting architecture and the ecosystem that would enhance the business appeal of F-Commerce
Positioning of this Case Brief
This case brief can be used for either of the following courses/modules:
- Strategic Marketing - to understand the big picture of Positioning (strategic vs product positioning);
- Strategy Course Business Model Constructs (especially the Customer Value Proposition and Revenue Model)
- Entrepreneurship - The challenges of scaling up a start-up
- Digital Marketing - The use of social media and technology
As this case brief is replete with enough discussion potential in any one of the above mentioned courses and modules, the faculty may choose the front-ending purpose of this case brief and accordingly the other elements can be structured. This case brief however was used in strategic marketing courses.
This Case Pack Includes: - Abstract- Case Brief (Video Case Brief)- Case Response (Video Case Response)
- Teaching Note