Keshav Motors: Process Analysis
Prerequisite Conceptual Understanding
- • Jay Heizer, et al., “Chapter 6: Process Strategy”, Operations Management, 9th Edition, Pearson Education, 2008
Keshav Motors is a Bangalore-based manufacturer of electric bikes established by S. Keshav (Keshav) in 2013. In order to identify the bottleneck in the assembly process activity, Keshav decided to analyze the process design aspects with the help of assembly chart and flow diagram. This caselet can be used in Operations Management course and enables to analyze a process.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- • Process analysis using Process Chart
- • Measuring Process performance
- • Bottleneck activity
- • Cycle time, throughput time and value-added time
- I. Analyze the Assembly process using Process chart and process flow diagram.
- II. Identify the bottleneck activity in the assembly process.
The Teaching Note follows the specific Teaching Plan [Annexure (TN)-I]...........