Trinity Finance’s Sales Organization and Sales Approach (G): Performance Management
This caselet, seventh and the last in the ‘Trinity Finance’s Sales Organization and Sales Approach’ series, showcases the need for an effective performance management system to enable the organization to change from being an ‘order-fulfilling’ to ‘order-creating and order-fulfilling’ company. The Leadership Team (LT) of Trinity Finance Ltd. (Trinity) identified four key areas – setting right sales targets, steering and managing sales performance, effective sales performance and ideal performance management system. However, by addressing these issues can Trinity meet its organizational mandate of ‘RACE’ (Radical Approach to Customer Engagement).
Prerequisite Conceptual Understanding/Before the Classroom Discussion
The students/participants should be asked to read the following article:
- • “Research Note – The future of Sales Performance Management”, www.imcindia.co.in/files/TheFutureofSales.pdf, May 2013
Case Positioning and Setting
This caselet can be used in MBA Programs for the following course/module:
- • Sales Management – What does an effective sales performance constitute and how an efficient sales performance management system is designed?
- • HRM Course – Performance Management and Appraisal – To motivate and manage the performance of employees and design an efficient performance management system
- I. What is your assessment of ‘setting the right sales target’ process? What would be your recommendation?
- II. ZSH3 proposed the BASIS model for effective sales performance at Trinity Finance Limited. What is your assessment of the same?
- III. ............
Preamble to the Case Analysis
This caselet initially helps understand the process of setting sales targets prevalent at Trinity and enables a discussion on a better process of setting sales targets followed by managing sales performance of the sales personnel. In addition, it helps set parameters to measure the sales performance and design an efficient sales performance management system. The caselet analysis was carried out as presented in Exhibit (TN)-I................